If you haven’t tried any crafts using duct tape, you are missing out. There are so many things that can be made with duct tape. Duct tape now comes ins o many colors and designs that it’s almost impossible to not get creative with the sticky stuff! Your imagination will run wild with all the things you can create with duct tape.
This is a great DIY craft project to do with the kids or even a girl scout troop. The kids love making these in different patterns and then giving to friends or swapping. So stock up on the duct tape and pull it out when you need a fun and creative activity.
What You Need:
- Colored Duct Tape
What to Do:
- Cut a length of duct tape to about 9″ long. Depending on the size of the person’s wrist, you might be able to adjust this for your second bracelet.
- Now cut the strip into 3 skinny strips. (clean the scissors occasionaly with WD40 or vinegar to remove the stickiness from duct tape)
- You will need 3 skinny strips per bracelet, so you may want to do three colors at once for several bracelets.
- Carefully fold each strip, lengthwise, so no sticky parts show. If you have a bit showing after folding, just cut away the edge.
- Tape the ends of the 3 strips you are using for each bracelet together with a thin strip of duct tape, as shown.
- Now braid the strips together.
- Before taping the bracelet end, check to see if you have the proper fit, as you may want to cut off an inch for a good fit.
- Ends can be taped together so bracelet fits over wrist for slipping on and off, or you can make bracelets just fit and leave on.